There are a bunch of online, mostly Facebook groups that I’ve found particularly useful to learn more about, and swap plants.
These mostly have a UK focus, because that’s where the most relevant advice and tips for me are, about where to buy plants and associated care items, which shops have sales on, and how to care for houseplants in our climate.
- Houseplant Swap UK – exactly what it says on the tin! A great place to swap cuttings (on an honesty basis) with fellow plant lovers around the country. A great affordable way to expand your collection and share the love
- Hampshire Houseplant Swap Club – a nascent local version of the above
- Houseplant Fans of On the Ledge – a great informative group for those of us who adore Jane Perrone’s On the Ledge podcast.
- UK Tropical, Succulent, and Houseplant Hoarders – another good group for information and swaps
- Pilea Peperomiodes Connection – a love-in for one of my favourite plants – with lots of care tips, advice and inspiration
Best of luck connecting with planty people near you 👋
Enjoying what you’re reading?
Sign up to receive an email when the next Southsea Jungle post goes live 🌱✉️